Welcome to the home of Nordic Challenge 2013!
Experts at teaching and coaching Nordic Skiing
Our business is giving you a really good holiday whilst also helping you to improve your skiing skills
Please select any picture for a larger view (opens in new browser window)
All our instructors are BASI qualified (British Association of Snowsport Instructors) or national equivalent, and are total Nordic skiing enthusiasts who will give you an inspirational week of really challenging fun irrespective of your age, previous experience or fitness.
Our Cross-Country Skiing Holidays and Courses
New, fun and challenging skiing experiences for everybody
We run cross-country skiing holidays and courses with an emphasis on top quality instruction. We also run team challenge/building courses for schools, businesses and other groups.
- Cross country (track) skills holidays/courses designed to get starters skiing competently in just one week, or to improve the skills of more experienced skiers. Two of these holidays, which coincide with the Spring half-term weeks, are particularly suitable for families.
- NEW for 2013 We will be running our first Skills Holiday at Sjusjoen/Nordseter. Based at the high quality and very popular Nordseter-Sportell apartment hotel, this holiday will appeal to those clients who may already have done a Skills holiday at Gålå and are looking for the same ingredients, but would like a change of scenery and tracks.
- Our Telemark Skiing Course for those who have seen it done, quietly marvelled at it, but never got round to learning how to do it! And also for those who can do it, but really need some expert tuition to improve their technique.
- Our Peer Gynt Ski Touring Holiday is a hotel to hotel ski touring holiday for more experienced track skiers who want distance, variety of terrain and great scenery. (Heavy baggage transported by road!)
- Our Sjusjøen Ski Touring Holiday. Our inaugural (2012) Sjusjoen Tour was very successful and was greatly appreciated by some of our more discerning skiers. So, with some minor adjustments this tour, which takes in a large part of the massive and very varied Sjusjøen ski arena (voted best in Norway), is now a firm fixture in our programme.
Locations and Accommodation – a brief summary
Our Cross-Country (track) Skiing Skills holidays and Telemark Skiing Courses are all based on the Wadahl Hotel, Gålå (full board) high in the mountains of Gudbrandsdalen, 80 km north of Lillehammer. Whilst boasting some of the best cross-country skiing in Norway, the added attractions of its own alpine slopes, mini-biathlon facility, race training, dog sledding and a nerve-tingling toboggan run, are all helping to turn Gålå into a popular destination for a wide cross-section of skiers of all ages and nationalities. This high plateau, with its stunning scenery is also the venue for our Peer Gynt Ski Tour holiday. Our Sjusjøen Ski Tour Holiday is located within the ski arena above Lillehammer. This is a massive, superb, undulating cross-country ski area, with some well positioned, high quality hotels on its periphery.
Our Schools’ Easter half-term courses will continue to be delivered in Sjusjøen, Lillehammer with its superb Olympic ski tracks and facilities, while we will continue to run Corporate Team Building Courses at Wadahl. See below.
Susan Ross, Scotland, 2012
"I’ve experienced enough to want to come back."
Eila and David Barron, Wiltshire, 2012
"If you want a fun challenge in your life which increases your level of fitness at the same time – and you are outdoors all day, this is perfect!"
Kerrie Lamb, Canada, 2012
"With 320 kms of track, this was a skier’s heaven. It was great to be in a place where the people are as enthusiastic about Nordic Skiing as I am."
Tony Mitchell, 2012
"Excellent week, with a great mix of serious instruction, well combined with banter and laughs!"
Karen and Alex Heaton, Norfolk, 2012
"Great exercise, good company – a perfect break!"
The Burke family, West Sussex, 2012
"This was a very special holiday in a very special place."
See more genuine testimonials from previous private clients...
Cross-Country Skiing and Team Challenge Courses for Schools
For young people aged between 15 and 18 we offer:
- Specially designed courses with the emphasis on fun, excitement and challenge, providing 6 days of supervised skiing and team challenges with a dedicated full time instructor, utilising the prepared cross-country tracks around Sjusjøen, Nordseter and Lillehammer. These tracks combine to produce what is one of the best Cross-Country Skiing arenas in Europe. See full details of our Schools' Courses here...
Kenny Patel, Burford School 2012
"Excellent time. I wanted a challenge and that is exactly what it was!"
Ted Landray, Burford School 2012
"A very enjoyable trip with plenty of lessons learnt for later life. Thank you."
Charlotte Servante, Windermere School 2012
"Thank you for an amazing trip!"
Tom Simpson, Windermere School 2012
"Brilliant, hope to come back again"
See more genuine testimonials from previous Schools' clients...
...please see our sister site for more information about: